Tuesday, September 9, 2008

"Pees" dont go!

Today has been a rather boring day. I've been in office since 10:30, its currently 4:45 and I dont have any work left. So, I've been reading blogs and checking emails OCD'esquely' since 3. So, thus far, its been great. 

However, I dont know what triggered it, but I was suddenly reminded of my last break up. Well it wasn't as much of a break up as it was being dumped. Rather nasty bit of emotional crap but thankfully it happened about 4 years ago so, it doesn't smash my ego to smithereens like it used to. What made matters worse was that he used to be my best friend for so many years before we started dating and it ended coz he cheated on me (something he acknowledged only 2 years ago) but yeah, he then proceeded to dump me, date the other lady and dump her too and "flit from rose to rose" and till date he flits. 

But my purpose of telling you this tale has nothing to do with the grotesque feelings associated with it. In fact, in retrospect, the events of that day after he left, are truly funny and I do manage to chuckle every time I think of them.

Well, so there he was stomping all over my heart. I'd seen it all along and I knew today would've come sooner or later but this was a lil too soon and decided for me. He came in around 5. 'A' (our other closest friend) was over visiting me. He came in barely spoke with A and much stomping later left, leaving A rather dazed and me rather upset.

I came out of my room and walked out of the house without so much as a word to A. I left my keys, my wallet and my phone behind me, thus disconnecting from the world, completely. I did not know what I was doing or what I would do. I just walked. And walked. And walked. I was kinda numb, in fact now that I think of it, I am sure I looked like quite the lunatic walking down the streets by herself with tears streaming down her face. Which also explains why I got the glances I did. So I walked and walked and walked, knowing fully well that A and the entire contingent of friends would be out looking for me or worried sick. I sat under a solitary bench by the road and just stared blankly into space. 

Up till now I was quite the picture of misery and devastation.

Then, I needed to pee!

I ran back home.

A was so relieved to see me without any visible traces of injury and I was plain relieved.

I guess the call of nature is more urgent that that of a broken heart.



16 comments:

Utopia said...

haiiiiiiii! i remember that day so vividly. u wre wearing a purple khaadi kurta! and that idiot was wearing a red shirt. one tight slap u shud have given him. really!
wjose A btw? oh i know who it is? was he there that day? i do not recall his presence.

S said...

this was hilarious!

S said...

by the way... linked to you.

She said...

@Utopia: Yes, those were the days. Rather funny in retrospect but horrid right there and then. You're right OTS was due.

@anansi: Thankoo thankoo. Glad you liked it. Good of you to keep dropping by.

Ashish Surana said...

Nice Post :-)

just be happy and enjoy the life, its too short to regret anything...and ya wat happened afterwards ..did u go back out side and walked n walked, untill you got a call from Nature AGAIN ? :D :D

She said...

@ashish: :) I would love to say that I came back home, laughed at the entire thing and altogether forgot about him, but that's not true. I did spend a few weeks wallowing in misery but yeah, Life's good.

Mundanely (a)mused said...

haha- nice one!

Wow, we've all come such a long way huh? It amazes me. Bitter sweet memories. :)

SMM said...

Hee hee....poor guy. Even nature's call took precedence over him.

SMM said...

Bt a similar thing happened to me one time when I messed up one of my papers bigtime. I switched off my phone and sat at the top of Chatushringi mandir for ages until I had to return home and pee :P

She said...

@slainte: Long way na? Seems like forever, but just yesterday. Do you feel old yet Auntie?

@SMM: That hilltop was quite the zone. Its good to be able to look back and laugh at such things. It's what I always tell Utopia. Someday we shall laugh.

Scribblers Inc said...

great job...really...you cant even imagine, what happens on a rainy night when you have a broken slipper and you want to pee...I did not add that to the story tho...

Scribblers Inc.

Akshaya Kamalnath said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Akshaya Kamalnath said...

Simply loved it. Donno why i dint discover this blog b4.

She said...

@Akshaya: Thanks. It feels good to be discovered.

Timeless Memories - My Bygone ! said...

good post..... i felt like i am reading my past..... only difference is that i laughed at myself than putting myself in misery......

Anonymous said...

The ending was too good :)