Saturday, September 6, 2008

The Bucket List!

Its all about life giving you these signs. I dont know if anyone out there remembers this horrendous movie called "Final Destination". It was about a group of friends who are killed one by one coz they fail to recognize the warning signs life gives them. I thought the movie was a load of crap coz seriously, anything shot entirely in the dark with sudden noises and heart stopping crescendoes can send even the healthiest person into cardiac arrest. But I have all along and still do sincerely believe in life giving you signs. After all, we are all miniscule parts of a larger picture, right? 

So anyhoo, a few days ago this intern in my office was talking about the Morgan Freeman starrer, The Bucket List. Sounded like a great movie but a lil utopian to my liking. So it was back to the routine with scarce thought to the "list". Then this morn, I awoke, feeling miserable and well the passage of time has done nothing to alleviate my mood, so I decided to chuck work and read up some happy blogs. So I read http://skrinkeringhearts.wordpress.com/. Sorry I dont quite know how to post links and stuff just yet. I dont even think I will learn, bear with me. 

And guess what, she too spoke of the "list". That's when I realized I'd been ignoring the signs. So here's my list, in random order, with liberty to make additions and deletions at any given point in time.


The Bucket List

1. I want to travel the world, especially Europe, preferably backpack and spend obscene amounts of time in each place.

2. Write legal literature.

3. Be a well known jurist.

4. Have a house with a sprawling lawn and a basketball court.

5. Have a golden lab.

6. Teach.

7. Become an ambassador or high commissioner.

8. Own the sexiest black dress possible and look absolutely stunning each time I wear it.

9. Learn how to dance.

10. Find a partner who enjoys dancing as much as I do and leads me.

11. Go out for picnic and soak in some winter sun.

12. Own a farm in the hills.

13. Buy dad an SUV.

14. Learn how to swim.

15. Get into physical shape fit enough to play Lara Croft or Catwoman or something along those lines.

16. Learn one martial art from the Shaolin masters.

17. Play tennis.

18. Learn golf.

19. Be able to bake.

20. Love someone and be loved in return forever. Absolutely forever, without any doubt.

21. Be able to ride a motorcycle without being stared at.

22. Tell people exactly what I think of them and not worry about ramifications. 

23. Be happy.

24. Play in the rain.

25. Feel weak in the knees when kissing.

26. Try not to wear my heart on my sleeve.

27. Have a baby and hope that he/she will grow up to be a good human being.

28. Marry a happy guy. Someone who loves his family and spends time with them and has a great set of friends, some hobbies apart from my own and loves me dearly.

29. See Utopia find true love and get to keep it for eternity.

30. Stay best friends with Miss Touch Me Not and Utopia and Motu Boy forever.

I have so many more things to add to this list, which I guess I will over time, but for now I have to run coz Boss' coming.



4 comments:

Utopia said...

awwwwwwwwww reallly! too cute u r She. :D!
here's to you getting all that you desire.

Mez said...

:) A lot common between us.

She said...

@Utopia: Thanks woman. Hope you get all on your list too and more.

@mez: I guess its not too exclusive a list. simple woman, simple pleasures.

Mez said...

Ummm well