Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Waging War

The Battle of the Bulge, The Battle of Sex(es), The Battle of my Back..I seem to be indulging a lot of warfare of late. Some of them are interlinked, but these days life seems to be one long drawn battle.

Step by step you say, awite...As a kid, i managed to injure my back about a decade ago. The fall out of that is that whenever I exert myself, my lower back swells to twice the size of texas and there is diddly squat that I can do about it. My love for the outdoors and sports of course, in no way helps the issue. So basically, for the past decade or so, life has been one long struggle between the desire to play and nursing an aching back for 2 days thereafter.

Then comes the Battle of the Bulge.Well, obviously, since my back does not allow me too much physical activity, coupled with the fact that my job is more or less a sedentary one, I have grown. Thats putting it a lil mildly. But please could we just leave it at that?? Please!! So for the past 5 years, since I've been on a "watch my weight" spree, I'm waging war against my back to get that perfect coke bottle figure....the one litre bottle mind you, the hourglass figure is a thing of the past..sigh!!!

That leaves us with the Battle of Sex(es)...you think with my rotund belly and broken back I would be getting any action????? Geez, you do live in a dream world, dontcha?????

I am sitting at my desk right now, sipping coke (must remind myself to have diet), wearing some lumbar support and fantasizing about a boy!!! Must stop drooling!!! Must also stop fooling myself!!!

So basically...life is war, consisting of a fresh battle every single day!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.